Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Be still

Over the years my mother in law has consistently quoted Psalm 46:10, which is the Strength verse for today. It is a powerful verse if you let if flow over your heart and into your mind....it says so much.
~*~*~*
"Be still and know that I am God"
~*~*~*
How hard it is for our human flesh to be still....to trust, have faith and KNOW completely, without any doubt or gaining any more understanding than what God wants you to have that HE IS GOD. Try closing your eyes and picturing something still....I can imagine a body of water such as a lake, being completely still. How calming that is. That is a very small glimpse of what God wants us to feel as He tells us....this verse. We have nothing to worry about, nothing to DO, or SAY, but to just be, still and know.
~*~*~*~*
I have given this verse out also as a comfort to others since it has blessed me before.....I pray it can be a blessing to you now as you read it and ponder it.
~*~*~*~*
You've been praying for me and my anxious thoughts that were keeping me company.....I can tell because they are almost gone. God is so good and He is removing my fear and anxieties as only He can do. Thank you for remembering me and praying for me in this area.....and Thanks and Glory to Him on High who has the power to remove and restore. He is faithful.
~*~*~*~*
We had yet another sunny, blue skied day........ a picture perfect day to worship our Lord together. God be with you each tonight ♥

No comments: