Can you tell it has turned into my first rainy day? My man LOVED rain and storms.....love them...he'd rather stand out on our deck watching the storm move in than take the precaution of going to the basement; although that is where he would want us :) Makes me smile.
~*~*~*
Not long ago I sang the song Give Me Jesus in a choral concert.....it gave me goosebumps up and down my arms everytime we would practice it. We live in a world that does not utter the word Jesus much unless it is used to blaspheme....people seem to be almost afraid of the word. Just my opinion, and I loved the fact that we were singing this song in a community chorus! Well after the concert my man told me how much he liked the song and that he planned on coming back for the next day's concert.....you have to know that our family LOVES music and it is a daily part of our life.....we could not live without it. We are making salsa today and canning tomatoes and have my ipod on for us all to listen to......this came on and I wanted to share it.
~*~*~*
When choosing songs to play during the visitation part of my husbands funeral my son-in-law made sure to include this one by Fernando Ortega.....a man who is sharing his gift God has given him to the world....he has many songs worth listening to if you have never heard of him. If you have about 3 or 4 minutes.....sit down and turn up your volume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1O_Jf_fdkI
~*~*~*
Not long ago I sang the song Give Me Jesus in a choral concert.....it gave me goosebumps up and down my arms everytime we would practice it. We live in a world that does not utter the word Jesus much unless it is used to blaspheme....people seem to be almost afraid of the word. Just my opinion, and I loved the fact that we were singing this song in a community chorus! Well after the concert my man told me how much he liked the song and that he planned on coming back for the next day's concert.....you have to know that our family LOVES music and it is a daily part of our life.....we could not live without it. We are making salsa today and canning tomatoes and have my ipod on for us all to listen to......this came on and I wanted to share it.
~*~*~*
When choosing songs to play during the visitation part of my husbands funeral my son-in-law made sure to include this one by Fernando Ortega.....a man who is sharing his gift God has given him to the world....he has many songs worth listening to if you have never heard of him. If you have about 3 or 4 minutes.....sit down and turn up your volume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1O_Jf_fdkI
5 comments:
Beautiful Song! The words are very deep and meaningful.
That's one of my favorite songs. I think I have all of Fernando Ortega's CD's.
Thanks for shareing, loved the song!
My day involved a lot of travel. As I was driving, I played and replayed Give Me Jesus. Each time I heard this beautiful song I thought of you and your wonnderful family.
All of you remain in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless you! Love to all!
Peace!
Over two years ago, I found myself singing this sing to a woman dying of breast cancer.
May it bring and be a peace to you!
Post a Comment