Our grand daughter celebrated her first Thanksgiving last year and we all wrote a note to her in a journal her mom had been writing in since the day they knew about her expected arrival. I never had a chance to go through and read each person's note.......a few days ago my daughter brought the journal out and had me read her Dad's note ......but he seemed to have known that when she was old enough to read it he would not be here with her......with permission from my daughter, his note follows:
********
Thanksgiving, 2008 4:33 pm
Dear O'Deller!!
This is Grandpa. Went hunting today with the boys while your Dad smoked a turkey (figuring we would not get anything). He was right, but that's beside the point. Was a beautiful day out - the waters run fast and clean, the wind blows free and steady.
My Prayer is that God will continue to bless us as we seek Him always. That our lives run free and steady in Him.
Don't know where you will be when you read this, but remember we love you and all our children and grandchildren in a way only topped by our Lord.
Stay close to the Word and render Thanksgiving to God as often as you can. He will guide you home where we will all be together Forever.
I love you!!
Grandpa
2 comments:
I began to tear up as I read this. I read it aloud to people around me as well... All shocked. What a blessing your granddaughter will have to someday read what your grandpa once wrote her. That will be something she could charris forever. What a gift of writing your husband had. Thanks for sharing this with others to see. What a blessing it could be to so many. May God continue to be with you and your family every step of the way.
sweetness and more tears... what a treasure.
Post a Comment