How many times do we feel the urge to send someone a note, to pick up the phone and call them, to send them a quick email, or to say a prayer for a person that has been on your mind? Maybe that still small voice of the Holy Spirit lets you know that there is a need and you follow through on it such as a meal, a visit or a hug to someone.
~*~*~*~
I know we have all had those feelings and messages of the heart and mind.....following through with them however in today's busy lives that we surround and make for ourselves is a totally different story. I have ignored those feelings so many times and do feel regret later or think, well, he or she seems to be doing fine.....it's okay that I didn't have time to do this or that. Well, let me tell you how my frame of mind has changed with our current trial we are going through and the outpouring of love and prayers that are constantly being showered down upon us and surrounding us. God is continually teaching us life lessons.....stretching us, refining us......in good times and hard times.
~*~*~*~*
I want to thank you all so incredibly much for your prayers, lifting us up whenever you think of us......and taking action when God prompts you to....I have received so many notes and cards with beautiful messages in them.....they make me laugh, cry and just feel not so lonely during this time.....plus I feel LOVED, loved by family, friends, fellow believers and I know there are many out there whom I have never met who are lifting us all up in prayer......it is humbling and I am so grateful that words don't quite seem to do my emotions justice.
~*~*~*~*
I received one of those precious cards and messages today in this morning's mail......it was written from one of my hubby's younger cousins. His words were a healing balm and he shared with me a verse that their Great-grandfather carried in his wallet:
John 6:40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."
What a glorious promise........ and yes, it does bring comfort.
My hubby particularly loved the book of Job and the book of John......his notes are extensive in his Bible throughout those two books. How he would have loved to have known about this piece of history.....and maybe now he does as he shares Heaven with those who have gone before him.
~*~*~*~*
I encourage you to continue to reach out to people when the Holy Spirit prompts you.....I am going to try to do the same and with God's help we will be able to minister to one another during joys and trials......all in Love..... God be with you each this Monday!
2 comments:
So well said!!! One of the great
lessons out of this experience that
you are teaching us is 'take ahold
of the phone or make the visit'!!!!!
When the Spirit calls....ACT. The
world pulls us back and allows for
us to procrastinate and put off,
But the Spirit beckons us to
do quickly that which is in front of
us to do for others!!!!!!!
Thank you.
I need to tell you that YOU have reached me with your writings . . . I am feeling extra down and frustrated and i feel sometimes like there is no hope -- in our world, in my life - but i KNOW God is there, Jesus is there . . . it's felt like He's been gone recently, but I read your Courage Road -from beginning to end today -- and I KNOW that He is not gone anywhere - I can see how He is there for u and I KNOW for Me too . . . so thank YOU for telling me the precious stories of you, your prince and children and family... God bless YOU as YOU are helping so many like me.
Post a Comment