It will be two weeks tonight that my sweet prince left for his final trip home.....sometimes in the back of my mind that is where he is....just on a trip although this is the longest we have ever been separated in our 23 years of marriage. Neither one of us did well when we had to be apart. We had our routines that we kept even while apart......I would call him before bed and he would call me upon waking the next morning.....so we both slept with the phones next to us, no matter where we were, we were only a phone call away. I have caught myself thinking and almost carrying up the phone with me when I go upstairs to go to bed since he's been gone, then it hits me that I can't call him, but I can call on my Lord and Savior, and I do.
~*~*~*
We had friends that would tease hubby because he could not fall asleep without me with him, even early on in marriage. We lived in married student housing our first three years of marriage and shared a Common Area with other couples and we were blessed to meet and stay close to one couple in particular. I have to tell you as young, newlyweds we received a lot of good natured teasing the first year! This friend and I chatted on the phone last night and reminisced about those times and these old-fashioned yellow jammies my husband favored, they were the style his Dad wore. It was good to laugh and think about those times again. My hubby and this friend were like brother and sister and he LOVED to push her buttons which if you know my husband you can understand how I can say that with a smile because he had a sense of humor that not everyone could get used to, but once you knew him you knew that he was solid and steady. Her husband quickly became one of his best, life-friends. I shared with her that my hubby for as long as I can remember in our marriage always, always said the same phrase to me every night after our "I love you's", he would roll over reach back out to me and say, "wake me up if you need me." Faithfully, everynight he would say this. I so miss those words and in my mind I can still hear them as I close my eyes each night. So many things I miss. Thank you friend for the late night phone call and wonderful chat...... ♥
~*~**~**
My goodnights now are given to my children, grandchild and my Lord.......my Lord is the last one I speak to at night and He does calm my troubled heart. He always knows what I need and is faithful.
4 comments:
I am struck with how GOD's Grace is truly
sufficient!!! (And you are testimony to
this!!!)
And secondly, how LOVE is a spiritual
gift and thus does not end with the end
of our earthly life......Faith!! Hope!!! and
LOVE!!! The greatest of these is LOVE!!! and
that is because it is FOREVER!!!!!!!
With love and prayerful support!!!
Dear Friend,
I truly enjoyed our conversation. We have so many wonderful memories!! As I've said before, I will never forget your husband's generous offer to help me when I was sick with mono! :)
God bless you! Love to all!
Peace!
What a sweet and loving husband to say that to you every night. *tears*
I'm in awe of the strength that the Lord has given you. I am so convicted this AM while reading your blog. I think I can honestly say that from this moment on I will never take my husband for granted again. I am so inspired by the love for the Lord that your entire family seems to display. Thank you again so much for sharing.--S
Post a Comment