Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last, precious moments

The last moments I had with my husband were precious.....a true gift from God. Yes, it was hard seeing him in pain, yes, it was hard seeing him struggle for breath.....YES, it was hard to see that nothing seemed to be working to save him....all of OUR efforts were failing humanly......the oxygen tank would not work.....the ambulance died three times in the driveway of our church.....the EMT could not find scissors to cut off his shirt so I climbed over the middle that divided my passenger seat to the back and cut it off myself with scissors from my purse, there were so many things that are evident to me that we can NOT contend with the power and will of God.....I knew the third time the ambulance died that God was calling him home, I just knew. God carried me through all of this.....I don't remember my feet touching the ground, it felt as if I were on autopilot, which is when we let go and let God.

~*~*~*~*

The gifts God gave me after my sweet prince was revived while still on the floor of our church was to hear him tell me these things:

Tell the kids I love them and the only way HOME is through CHRIST

I love you

Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins....

Jesus, just take me home

I know that my Redeemer LIVES.....

~*~*~*

That last statement is the title of a hymn he learned as a boy.....one we both knew well so I started singing it to him as I held him....I heard him quietly try to say a few of the words so I know he was hearing me sing it........We do know that our Redeemer lives and what COMFORT that sweet sentence gives.......He lives, He lives.....

~*~*~*~*~

It says in the book of Matthew that those who mourn will be comforted.

I am here to tell you it is true.

God is faithful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How incredibly beautiful. The strength God gives you is such a testament to how amazing He is and to how amazingly He created you. Thanks for sharing something so inspiring.

You still have our prayers and our love.

-Joselynn

Wasatch Wife said...

This is so precious. What sweet, precious moments you had. I am just so very moved by your story. I found your blog through another friend who follows, and I will be so happy to see how the Lord works in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story, and your sweet husband with the rest of us. :)--S