Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Faith Held Fast

Lord to you alone I cry,
For lost I am, and wounded lie.
Apart from you, condemned to die.
To you alone my soul confides.
*
Hold me in your loving hands
Bound to you in love’s strong bands.
When life to me becomes a curse,
The world remains forever perverse,
Shield me by your Holy verse,
With you, by Scripture will I converse.
*
By your Spirit, illumine me.
That ever clearer I may see
The wonder of your love for me
Purchased for all on Calvary.
*
When all is spoken, said and done
Uphold by faith and strength to shun.
All that’s evil under the sun
And grace will prevail, the battle is won.

****************************
Another poem by my sweet prince and it is so true
the battle is won.......John 3:16 tells us that
are you fighting a battle of the flesh that seems to be winning? Take courage, take courage in our Savior and His sacrifice for us all and the generations to come.....He is faithful.

1 comment:

Tersha McNeely said...

What a comfort these poems are....to all of us!