One of my husband's favorite Christian music artists was Michael Card.......I told hubby he should try to put some of his poems to music, but he never got the chance to work on that....he definitely had a gift at writing these and they are such a balm to us that loved him and miss him. If any of you has such a talent to put things to music.....I would TREASURE you turning this into song ♥
*********
So many times I’ve felt the cold and freezing air
And seen the loss of hope that brings despair.
But knowing the love of God so near,
I can’t imagine losing His love so dear.
So many times I’ve felt the cold and freezing air
And seen the loss of hope that brings despair.
But knowing the love of God so near,
I can’t imagine losing His love so dear.
Chorus
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For He will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and He has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
This world may rage and violent be
For all was lost and sinners flee.
But God in love to man made known
His depth of love in Jesus shown
He died that we might be His own.
Chorus
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For he will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and he has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
Do not relent and lose the fight
To victors goes the crown of life.
When all seems cold and dark and blight
Remember God who shed His eternal light
In Jesus Christ, our light of life.
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For He will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and He has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
This world may rage and violent be
For all was lost and sinners flee.
But God in love to man made known
His depth of love in Jesus shown
He died that we might be His own.
Chorus
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For he will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and he has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
Do not relent and lose the fight
To victors goes the crown of life.
When all seems cold and dark and blight
Remember God who shed His eternal light
In Jesus Christ, our light of life.
Chorus
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For he will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and he has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
Hold on to Him who gives you life
For he will keep you from all strife
He who promises is true and he has said, “I will never leave you.”
Trust in Him and you will see
His never failing love for thee.
1 comment:
That would make a great song!
Post a Comment