Merriam-Webster's (which is my home page...I love words) defines it as such:
Main Entry: co·in·ci·dence
Pronunciation: \kō-ˈin(t)-sə-dən(t)s, -sə-ˌden(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 1605
1 : the act or condition of coinciding : correspondence
2 : the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection; also : any of these occurrences
As a follower of Christ I have not believed in coincidences for a long time......and over the next day or so I want to take time to type out two events that God has given to me over the last couple of weeks. He is amazing and I want to share just how amazing.
I have been reading out of my hubby's small Bible that he carried in his truck and in his back pocket at times. It is a worn, black leather Bible. I started in Mark.....not sure why, but that's where God must have wanted me. Now I am in Luke and of course the Gospels are full of the miracles of Christ, His parables, how time after time He showed the people His miracles and He does still show us those today, but are our eyes open to them? My husband used to say that it took our spiritual eyes to be able to recognize those in this world and this day and time. That is so true and I am trying to keep my eyes very open to His ways...... I pray that you will also.
No comments:
Post a Comment