The morning sun will come and cast its shadows round.
The Son of God has come to cast the shadows down.
While we sit and watch an aimless world go by.
We try to understand the reasons why.
When will we see the truth in Jesus eye
He calls and waits and says, “For you I died.”
So turn and let me dry your saddened eyes
And see my love awaits you at my side!
So many scars and many tears we bear.
So oft because we simply will not share
The wealth of love, joy and peace.
That Christ our Lord has laid at our feet.
So when will we see the truth in Jesus eye
He calls and waits and says, “For you I died.”
So turn and let me dry your saddened eyes
And see my love awaits you at my side!
Take Jesus at His word, He knows your name.
He did it all, so we do not bear the shame.
He asks us only to believe
He came and died to set us free
So take the gift and pardoned be
And live in peace and harmony.
So see the truth in Jesus eye
Believe his words, “For you I died.”
let Him dry your saddened eyes
And see His love abides in you and me.
His love abides in you and me!
*****
my sweet prince used to bring these home to me scratched out on legal paper.....he would fold it up like the silly notes he used to fold and leave me in my locker in High School, toss it in my lap or on the desk/table in front of me, smile and know that I would read it, then we would discuss a title.....I loved being able to help him in that way....he said he never knew what to call them so I would give him my suggestions. I would then type it up and offer my opinion which was normally praise which he would shrug off and ask what I thought God wanted him to do with this poetry.
Now I can see what a comfort his words are to me, to his children, his parents, his sister.....all of his family and now friends and strangers, I pray you are finding them comforting and thought provoking......his fruit is still working in peoples lives even beyond the grave......I find that amazing and makes me thankful to God for giving Him this gift because it comes as no surprise to our Lord as to what all these words would do someday and beyond.
Happy October - this was one of hubby's favorite months......he loved fall and watching the season change, the colors, the smell of burning leaves......he loved everything about it. I pray you have a wonderful month. May HIS everlasting love truly abide in your hearts ♥
2 comments:
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
You and you family are awesome!!! Love you tons!
Post a Comment