Everyone has a favorite day of the week or least favorite day of the week. Monday's seem to have a reputation of their own, don't they? I've never heard anyone praise a Monday or a Facebook status say, "Welcome to Monday!"
Sundays and Wednesdays have been favorite days of mine for quite awhile now as that is when our family joins together with our community of believers to praise, worship and hold in remembrance our Father God's gift to us of His son, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice made for us and generations to come. I look forward to that time of fellowship and spiritual food that is there for us.
As you can imagine, after God took our Daddy and hubby home 4 weeks ago during Bible study, on a Wednesday night, those have been difficult to think of as a favorite anymore. But why? Because of the loss, the scene that replays over in our minds as we witnessed his struggles.....yes, absolutely......but what if I told you it also brings me joy?
Our 7 year old still likes to cuddle and I treasure my time with him in the mornings....this morning he told me as if to break the news that it was Wednesday once again....and I told him yes, I knew that and look at the sky, isn't it beautiful......the sun was coming up and touching the sky with pinks and oranges. He was determined or perhaps the Spirit was that the subject was not to be changed. He then said that even though Wednesdays are hard for us that for God it must be joyful because that was when He took Daddy home to Heaven. And suddenly I had a whole new feeling about today and going tonight to Bible Study. I told him he was right....and that maybe God wanted us to feel truly joyful too that He took him home surrounded by his church family in God's house where we were gathered. He then looked at the empty space by my side and said that it would ALWAYS be Daddy's spot and that he could almost imagine him right beside me. As I have said, God uses many as His vessels to comfort us and He used my youngest this morning to give me a whole new insight as to how I am to find comfort in my Wednesday nights and the empty spot next to me which is never truly empty.
So I want to say I have a joyful feeling about tonight.....about Wednesdays. That is the day of the week the Lord chose to take my sweet prince home to be with Him.....that was HIS plan and His plan is perfect, His timing and will are perfect. I'm looking forward to Bible study tonight, more than I have since that night, 4 weeks ago today. I thank you Lord for your provisions.....let us always remember that you never leave us that you are always by our sides.....I do not walk alone through this valley. May our spiritual eyes always remain open.
Let's all abide in His perfect love for us today and for as many tomorrows as He gives us here on this earth!
3 comments:
Joyful Wednesday to you sweet lady. You are courageous, nurturing to your children and you continue to walk in His path ~ at His direction. Your sweet prince would want you to continue the journey that God put before you. He is still alive in your heart and spirit. Many blessings to you and to yours.
Oh my what a blessing! None of us know when our name will be called or where we will be but all of us hope we are in the perfect will of God. You have heard it preached when Jesus returns will He find you watching and your husband was where he knew the Lord wanted him. It is sure difficult to understand but I am glad you are given strength to go on each day. Your family comes to mind often and I say a prayer that the Holy Spirit will comfort and the Lord will give direction.
Wonderful!It really is all in the way that you look at it! Like you say, God gives us what we need exactly when we need it. I am thankful that you have found Joy in Wednesday's again!
Psalm 150 1&6
"1)PRAISE the Lord! Praise God in His Sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! 6)Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!"
May we never forget where our strength comes from!
Post a Comment