This morning I faced another first.....it may seem small to some people but I have ALWAYS had a fear of needles and often have passed out over my lifetime while have blood drawn or having procedures that involved a needle. My sweet husband would always be by my side or in the waiting room and I drew strength from that. I also would have my "props" with me, a bottle of water, juice, a walkman to listen to, when all I ever needed was God by my side. He has proven that to me several times throughout the past several weeks as I face each day without my other "half". He sustains me and there is NO reason to have fear of things of this world.
So when I opened up the e-devotional today I praised Him, from whom all blessing flow because He knew how these words would minister to me.....to give me strength in Him. Knowing I never, never walk alone - He is right there beside us and may we always feel His presence, not getting caught up in the vices of the world ♥
With Him beside me I did GREAT, no problems, no VICES, (I did have my Ipod in my pocket :)) I didn't need anything but my faith and trust in the one whom created me. He is faithful, He is good, Praise be to Him! Please enjoy the devotional below and I pray it minister's to YOUR heart in YOUR life, God is in the details and knows our every need!
**********
TODAY'S THOUGHT How many times a day do you fear something? You get called into the office and you are sure you are going to get fired. Your child is late and your mind goes crazy with thoughts of what might have happened. Your spouse is in "that" mood again and you know it is going to get ugly. The credit card bills came in the mail and you don't know how you are going to pay them. You found a lump and you are waiting for the report from the Doctor's office. Fear can be healthy, as in, "Don't step in front of traffic." But fear can also be false, an exaggeration, a lie. It started with Adam and Eve and it is the same today; most of our spiritual struggles center around a fear-based lie. Most spiritual battle is a struggle between the truth or a lie. Which will we believe? Lie or truth? Our fear or God? David knew the answer. He prayed to God and God answered him and freed him from all his fears. The Lord listened and saved him from all his troubles and He will save you. What is it today that you fear? What is holding you back? What lie has you bound? What keeps you from being still and knowing that He is God? Today, renounce your fear. Bring it to God. Present it to Him. Choose to believe the truth about God and your circumstance and He will free you.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, You know my fears. I bring them to You. Help me, protect me, free me from this bondage of lies. Thank You that You have not given me a spirit of fear. I choose to believe the truth and live by faith in You. AMEN
1 comment:
"Only perfect love casts out fear"....
AND Christ IS THAT PERFECT love!!!
AND HE does cast out all of our
various and sundry fears!!!!
Thank you for your
message and that devotional
message!!! AMEN and AMEN!!!!
Post a Comment