Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beautiful day.....

Was such a beautiful day....well, technically yesterday since I am up late. I love spring....I love God's creation surrounding me.
******
The temperature passed the 40 degree mark in our corner of the world - It was simply wonderful.
****
Our Friday evening was spent with our church family....those who were able to gather for a good meal and a lot of work! We did a DEEP Spring cleaning......and everyone helped. From the youngest to the oldest. We mopped, swept, scrubbed, laughed, plumbed, climbed, moved, chased spiders from their homes, gathered, piled, organized, sorted, laughed, sang, hummed, smiled, laughed, ran, listened, danced, wiped, dried, prayed, ate, giggled, slept, hid, pushed, pulled, squealed......ahhhh.....a sweet night spent with our brethren.
****
I am thankful and I thought of my sweet prince often.....each time with a joy smile in my heart and probably on my face. I love him so much, miss him so much.....I could imagine hearing his voice, laughter and presence among us......God is letting his spirit be felt. I am thankful for so much......for the sun in the sky and the warmth of the Son in my heart. Tomorrow may bring rain...........but for now I can still feel the heat and beauty of the sun and it is moments of peace and joy that will get me through the rainy moments and the waves of grief that I know are still yet to come.....but with God next to me I know I will stand through the waves.

No comments: