Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hope

Hope was seen or felt by......

the voices of my children

the laughter of my granddaughter

the warmth of the sun

the smiles of a stranger

sounds of the birds in the morning

green of the grass

kind words of a friend

breeze on my face

my family around me

an evening with my church family

most importantly, after I list all the earthly ways I felt or saw Hope today.....I have the Hope of eternal life, through the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.......being born again and redeemed - by the shedding of His blood at Calvary.

I am so thankful, so very thankful because I have done nothing to deserve such a gift, what a gift of Hope, He asks so little of us. Love - Spread His Word.......I have a Wee-sing song going through my head that is on a cassette of O'Deller's -♫ ♪ "this is my commandment that you love one another that your joy may be full, ♪ ♫ "

even the reminder of how Satan can get in and attack the hearts of the young, how supposed young Christians can reflect such coldness and lack of love to others in suffering from their hearts is just evidence of how we need to keep that simple commandment of LOVE and to teach it and be an example DAILY of it in our lives. I thank God for that reminder and I pray to be a better parent with His help, I can do nothing without Him. It could be our children if we are not alert to how the enemy is waiting to devour them and us. Stay strong and never think you are beyond the enemy's reach. Thank you Lord for that teachable moment with my children today.

No comments: