Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, March 26, 2010

Unraveling

Was a difficult day yesterday. I went to bed feeling like our family was unraveling at the seams, I cried out, let out some anger at supposed Christians in our community, felt pity for the hurting of my children, the lack of their earthly father, I sobbed into my pillow. I felt so many emotions going through my mind and heart. It was overwhelming.
****
I had been reading out of Hebrews and turned to chapter 10. I talked with my Father.....I read His Words...I heard my bedroom door open and my 10 year old son walked around the corner. He asked what I was doing.....I told him and then he asked if I'd been crying. There is no denying that state when your eyes are slits and your sniffling. I said yes and then he sat down on the side of my bed and reached out for my hand. I broke. I felt it all leave in a rush. His tender heart, reaching out to comfort ME? He confirmed some of what I had been feeling and I told him how as I was reading that I realized that we need to have joy and thankfulness even in those overwhelming, heavy moments. We can't just thank God for those moments of peace and quiet.....when all is well. It is God that makes us whole......another wise young man told his widowed mother that God is enough. Wow, yes, God is enough. He is our All in All.
******
I was feeling that we were unraveling, falling apart because of my hubby's absence when he would have been the first to tell you and to remind me that it is God that makes us whole. It is God that strengthens this family unit. And He does it in His way. Something no human can duplicate. He will make His work in us complete. He did not take my sweet prince from us to destroy us. He sustained us before his death and He will never leave us or forsake us, He sustains us still, moment by moment.
*****
So I lift up my thankful heart, my broken heart to Him, to Him who will heal it.....heal us, despite what Satan might throw our way. We need to remember that God is enough. Thank you Snipp, can't wait to meet you - thank you for being a willing vessel ♥
**
This is what God highlighted to me, the very last verse of chapter 10.
"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:39
****

No comments: