Different songs bring different emotions. I tend to wear my ipod when walking the treadmill or sometimes I put it on when I am trying to go to sleep. I have many genres of music on it, 80's, gospel, country, classical, soundtracks from Lord of The Rings and The Music Man, hymns, Christian, bluegrass, etc.
******
My husband is the reason for the bluegrass and country genres. We did not always agree on music......that's okay....it's one of the things I loved about him and he laughed when I'd clean the house to the Eagles or The Steve Miller Band and yes, there are some of all on my playlist. I find it interesting how your taste in music changes as you get older and wiser, things that happen or as you mature. It can change.
****
I find myself skipping through a lot of what I used to like. I think that some things like old clothes just become comfortable but you don't really think about how they might effect your mood and personality or your joy and contentment. I don't need to hear certain songs or music any more and I NEED and desire to hear certain hymns, gospel and Christian music that have meaning. There are a few that have meaning to me in their history. The song I have listed by Allison Krauss is one of those. Hubby and I could always tell each other volumes in just our looks to one another. He could light up my world with just a look or a wink. I am so thankful for the memories.....and even though it might make me sad to hear the song it also brings with it the familiar warmth of the times spent listening to it with him or when he was alive, thinking of him when I heard it, anticipating seeing him again.
*****
My faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ gives me the hope of seeing him again.
Hope.....cling to it!
1 comment:
I know what you mean, dear friend. The song, "Somewhere Beyond the Sea" was special to us before Nemo:) Every time I hear it I can hear my beloved singing it and remember dancing with him after the boys were to bed.
Hope...cling to it!! AMEN!!
Post a Comment