Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, March 29, 2010

Family ♥

The past two days have been filled with making memories with our extended family. Part of our family that we have always been blessed to be close to drove down to visit for the weekend, arriving Saturday and departing Monday.
*****
We have shared food, the Word, fun, baseball, football, food, hymns, tears, laughter, silliness, seriousness, conversation, food, jokes, smiles, we have worshiped together, and just focused on keeping our bond of family......that is so important and it is something that you have to cultivate and work at. You cannot expect to not pick up the phone, write or visit. You have to let people know you care about them, I've realized that. You may not remember every birthday or anniversary......but I will tell you all that a little note, message, email or text means so much. Never let the fear of causing us more grief keep you from us - we all need one another, near and far, we DO NOT KNOW what tomorrow will bring. Don't put off today what you think you will have more time for tomorrow. Tomorrow may not happen. Regret is an enemy. I am so thankful for this sweet family making us feel "normal" and for not avoiding what may have some difficult moments to work through. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Oh, and how He does!
*****
Yesterday we had four generations in the house.....what a treasure! And yes, we felt sweet hubby's absence, we always will, I know that and am understanding that. Sometimes it would give me a strange feeling.....wondering where he was, wishing I could share the story with him, knowing how much he would have appreciated a certain joke or meaningful moment, especially with our Godchild who is now 9 years old.
*****
I am incredibly thankful for family.....I am incredibly thankful for helping us through this most sorrowful time....I know it's not over, I know that the grief waves can be just as huge at 6 months as they were at two days. I just want to thank you all for your constancy, your consistency......and you have to know I include friends in my family.....I love that about our existence as Christians on this pilgrimage.....our family of God encompasses many.
****
Love you each ♥

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thanks for the reminder to keep in touch with family. There was a family member I hadn't been in touch with for awhile and your post prompted me to send an e-card.