Today was my turn to be hit with the bug.....ginger-peppermint cubes have been a source of true comfort to my tummy. (ginger peppermint tea cooled and put into trays, oh and sweetened with some raw honey)
******
Amazing the thoughts that float through your mind when you feel so weak and dizzy.....the love and compassion of our children was a treasure I won't soon ever forget. They have taken great care of me and my two youngest boys are on the floor here in my room to "be there for me if I need them." No way was I going to turn that offer down. So sweet.
*****
When you are weak whether it be from physical sickness, exhaustion or spiritual lowness God is good to help you to see the things that are important. He sends clarity. Every person in my life is very dear to me......I am so thankful for them.
*****
Its been quite a while since I have felt this sick....and I'm sure at 42 I won't bounce back quite as fast.....so I'll need to be patient. That's not always a strong point when there are things to be done and you are one person short. I miss my earthly comforter - he had such a way of relaxing me that no one else possesses although I'd never tell my sons that :) I would usually request him to sing or to read out of Scripture.....I miss him every day, but miss him extra amounts when I walk through a first without him such as this.
*****
I've rambled long enough and sleep beckons......God be with you each
1 comment:
Shedding tears for you and praying much, sweet friend. Hugs!
Post a Comment