Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, March 1, 2010

Tired.....

I feel drained, tired, exhausted, reflective and thankful.
****
Last night after battling a fever type bug for a few days a new bug descended upon us, an intestinal one. Three within three hours were hit with vomiting, the dry heaves, then, well, lets say, it came out a different way. Three more of us had stomach discomfort, headache and cramps. Was not the day I set out to have but was the day God chose for all of us.
*****
My oldest son and I comforted, cleaned up messes, took temperatures, rinsed clothing, did lots of extra laundry, made sure everyone had plenty to drink and various other chores. God spared us both from the worst and we are thankful, thankful to have helped the others through the really rough, tough and scary moments. Heads were rubbed, brows wiped, hands held and children rocked and carried.
****
I am thankful for God's presence, for His continued strength, lifting me up and carrying me through moments that I feel I can't walk through....and I can't, alone. For helping each one of us through our sickest moments, calming fears and anxieties.
*****
Tonight at devotions we all thanked Him for giving us this day, we talked about how different it was, different than what we expected our Monday to be, but we felt light even though we were tired.......we felt strong enough to all go into our own beds even though there was still weakness in both body and spirit....we pulled out our Daddy albums and looked through them, we took time to recognize that God is God, our loving and gentle Shepherd. He tended this flock well, as He always does. Praise be to Him.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hugs and Prayers, Sweet Friend!